Mens PRO-EREX Booster Plus
Mens PRO-EREX Booster Plus 10 Capsules/Pack
Panex Ginseng, Tribulus Terrestris and Gingko Biloba
Product expiry date we are currently shipping
Discontinued, no stock
Mens Pro-Erex Booster Plus general information
What is Mens Pro-Erex Booster Plus used for?
Mens Pro-Erex Booster Plus capsules are a nutritional supplement containing a blend of natural herbal extracts that are used to improve men’s libido and sexual performance. Erectile dysfunction, or impotence in men, is inability to achieve or maintain a hard erect penis suitable for sexual activity, and can be a result of the natural aging process, with risk factors including smoking and obesity. It may also be a symptom of other conditions, such as stress or cardiovascular disease, or a side effect of medication, such as antidepressants. Mens Pro-Erex Booster Plus capsules are thought to provide natural support for healthy erections, sexual function and performance.
How does Mens Pro-Erex Booster Plus work?
Mens Pro-Erex Booster Plus capsules contain natural herbal ingredients that have been used in traditional medicine for their properties as male performance enhancers. More recently research has focussed on some of these natural herbal extracts to determine their possible efficacy specifically for improved erectile function. During sexual stimulation nitric oxide is released from nerve endings in the corpus cavernosum, which is the spongy erectile tissue of the penis that fills with blood during an erection. This activates the enzyme guanylate cyclase, which increases levels of a chemical called cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP) that relaxes the blood vessels in the penis and allows blood to fill the corpus cavernosum to cause an erection. The mechanism of action of the ingredients in Mens Pro-Erex Booster Plus capsules is thought to simulate this natural erectile process.
Extract of the root of Panax Ginseng, also known as Asian or Korean red Ginseng, has been used as a traditional medicine for thousands of years to restore and enhance well-being, improve alertness and also to enhance sexual performance. A placebo controlled clinical study found that extract of Panax Ginseng was more effective than placebo in improving erectile function and that is may be an effective alternative for treating male erectile dysfunction1. The results of a systematic review of clinical trials have suggested that there is evidence for the effectiveness of Panax Ginseng in the treatment of erectile dysfunction2. The mechanism by which Panax Ginseng extract is thought to work is by relaxation of the smooth muscle of the corpus cavernosum (erectile tissue in the penis) by increasing release of nitric oxide, which improves blood flow to the penis, rather than by increasing levels of testosterone2. Panax Ginseng is also thought to be an adaptogen, meaning a substance that supports health and prevents disease, by helping the body cope better with stress without unwanted side effects. In this context it has been used to enhance physical performance, promote vitality, increase resistance to stress and aging, and boost the immune system. Much of its actions are thought to be due to its saponin content, which is a pharmacologically active plant glycoside3.
Tribulus terrestris is a flowering plant in the family Zygophyllaceae and is also known by several common names, including puncture vine and devils weed. It is native to warm temperate and tropical regions and has been used as a traditional herbal remedy for thousands of years in Greece, China and India to treat several conditions, including cardiovascular disease, urinary tract infections and inflammation, also as an aphrodisiac and to improve sexual function, particularly for its male libido enhancing and testosterone boosting properties4, 5. The plant extract contains protodioscin, a steroidal saponin that is thought to contribute to the aphrodisiac and pro-erectile properties of the plant. Animal studies on the effect of Tribulus terrestris extract found that it increased levels of testosterone6 and induced concentration-dependent relaxation of the corpus cavernosum by a mechanism involving NO5 suggesting that Tribulus terrestris may improve erectile function. A study looking at a combination of natural products that may help with erectile dysfunction, to replace phosphodiesterase-5 inhibitors like sildenafil, extract of Tribulus terrestris in combination with the brown algae Ecklonia bicyclis and glucosamine oligosaccharide, was found to improve sexual function and sexual quality of life in men with mild to moderate erectile dysfunction7.
Ginkgo Biloba, also known as maidenhair tree, is the oldest living tree and has long been used as a traditional medicine for treating blood disorders and improving memory. Ginkgo leaves contain flavonoids and terpenoids, both of which are antioxidants, and Ginkgo Biloba leaf extract is thought to have cardioprotective and cerebrovascular protective properties. Several studies have demonstrated that Ginkgo Biloba leaf extract has vasodilator properties and causes relaxation of blood vessels to improve blood flow8. 9. This property is thought to help with erectile dysfunction by improving blood flow to the penis, mediated through a similar mechanism of increasing NO availability10. Although there is minimal evidence from clinical studies that Ginkgo Biloba leaf extract improves ED, evidence suggests that it does relax vascular smooth muscle in animal studies and may help improve overall vascular blood flow to the penis by increasing NO availability10.
What does Mens Pro-Erex Booster Plus contain?
Mens Pro-Erex Booster Plus capsules contain the active ingredients Panax Ginseng root extract (equivalent to dry) 1000mg, Tribulus terrestris leaf extract (equivalent to dry) 12500mg Gingko Bilobo leaf extract (equivalent to dry) 5000mg. They also contain encapsulating aids.
Mens Pro-Erex Booster Plus for sexual performance
Mens Pro-Erex Booster Plus capsules are a nutritional supplement containing extracts of Panax Ginseng, Tribulus terrestris and Gingko Bilobo, which are traditional natural herbal extracts that are used as male performance enhancers and to support healthy erections. Erectile dysfunction, or impotence in men, is inability to achieve or maintain a hard erect penis suitable for sexual activity, and can be a result of the natural aging process, with risk factors including smoking and obesity. It may also be a symptom of other conditions, such as stress or cardiovascular disease, or a side effect of medication, such as antidepressants. Various studies have suggested that Panax Ginseng, Tribulus terrestris and Gingko Bilobo in Mens Pro-Erex Booster Plus capsules simulate the natural erectile process by increasing release of nitric oxide in the corpus cavernosum (erectile tissue in the penis), which induces relaxation of the smooth muscle and thereby improves blood flow to the penis. Panax Ginseng, Tribulus terrestris and Gingko Bilobo in Mens Pro-Erex Booster Plus capsules contain pharmacologically active chemicals which are thought to have health-promoting effects, including antioxidant properties and boosting the immune system.
What are the side effects of Mens Pro-Erex Booster Plus?
The most commonly reported side effects when taking Mens Pro-Erex Booster Plus include, headache, gastrointestinal upset, dizziness, hypotension (low blood pressure), tachycardia (rapid heartbeat), rash.
When should Mens Pro-Erex Booster Plus not be used?
You should not use Mens Pro-Erex Booster Plus capsules without discussion with your doctor if you:
- are allergic to any ingredients in Mens Pro-Erex Booster Plus
- have epilepsy as ginkgo may cause seizures and are taking anticonvulsants like carbamazepine as Mens Pro-Erex Booster Plus may cause seizures
- have a bleeding condition or are taking blood thinning drugs like warfarin, digoxin, clopidogrel and aspirin as Mens Pro-Erex Booster Plus may increase bleeding
- have diabetes and are taking blood sugar lowering medications as Mens Pro-Erex Booster Plus may interfere with blood sugar levels
- are taking drugs for high blood pressure as Mens Pro-Erex Booster Plus may lower blood pressure
- have a heart condition and are taking medications for a heart condition
- are taking SSRI antidepressants as Mens Pro-Erex Booster Plus may interact with these medications and increase side effects
- after drinking alcohol or coffee as Mens Pro-Erex Booster Plus can have a stimulant effect
How should Mens Pro-Erex Booster Plus be taken?
You should take your Mens Pro-Erex Booster Plus capsules with food to avoid stomach upset. You should take one to two capsules of Mens Pro-Erex Booster Plus one to two hours before arousal.
How should Mens Pro-Erex Booster Plus be stored?
You should store your Mens Pro-Erex Booster Plus below 30°C in a cool dry place.
- Hong B, Ji YH, Hong JH, Nam KY, Ahn TY. A double-blind crossover study evaluating the efficacy of Korean red ginseng in patients with erectile dysfunction: a preliminary report. J Urol. 2002 Nov;168(5):2070-3.
- Jang DJ, Lee MS, Shin BC, Lee YC, Ernst E. Red ginseng for treating erectile dysfunction: a systematic review. Br J Clin Pharmacol. 2008 Oct;66(4):444-50.
- Kim D-H. Chemical Diversity of Panax ginseng, Panax quinquifolium, and Panax Notoginseng. J. Ginseng Res. Vol. 36, No. 1, 1-15 2012.
- Kam SC, Do JM, Choi JH, Jeon BT, Roh GS, Hyun JS. In vivo and in vitro animal investigation of the effect of a mixture of herbal extracts from Tribulus terrestris and Cornus officinalis on penile erection. J Sex Med. 2012 Oct;9(10):2544-51.
- Do J, Choi S, Choi J, Hyun JS. Effects and Mechanism of Action of a Tribulus terrestris Extract on Penile Erection. Korean J Urol. 2013 Mar;54(3):183-8.
- Gauthaman K, Ganesan AP. The hormonal effects of Tribulus terrestris and its role in the management of male erectile dysfunction--an evaluation using primates, rabbit and rat. Phytomedicine. 2008 Jan;15(1-2):44-54.
- Sansalone S, Leonardi R, Antonini G, Vitarelli A, Vespasiani G, Basic D, Morgia G, Cimino S, Russo GI. Alga Ecklonia bicyclis, Tribulus terrestris, and glucosamine oligosaccharide improve erectile function, sexual quality of life, and ejaculation function in patients with moderate mild-moderate erectile dysfunction: a prospective, randomized, placebo-controlled, single-blinded study. Biomed Res Int. 2014;2014:121396.
- Mehlsen J Drabaek H, Wiinberg N, Winther K. Effects of a Ginkgo biloba extract on forearm haemodynamics in healthy volunteers. Clin Physiol Funct Imaging. 2002 Nov;22(6):375-8.
- Koltermann A, Hartkorn A, Koch E, Fürst R, Vollmar AM, Zahler S. Ginkgo biloba extract EGb 761 increases endothelial nitric oxide production in vitro and in vivo. Cell Mol Life Sci. 2007 Jul;64(13):1715-22.
- McKay D. Nutrients and botanicals for erectile dysfunction: examining the evidence. Altern Med Rev 2004 Mar;9(1):4-16.