Mens PRO-EREX Testo-Support
Mens PRO-EREX Testo-Support 60 Capsules/Pack
Testosterone support for men
Testofen, New Zealand Grapeseed, Siberian ginseng, Selenium, Zinc and Vitamin D
Product expiry date we are currently shipping
Discontinued, no stock
Mens PRO-EREX Testo-Support general information
What is Mens PRO-EREX Testo-Support used for?
Mens PRO-EREX Testo-Support capsules are a nutritional supplement containing natural herbal extracts and other supplements and are used to support men’s general health and performance, particularly prostate health. Mens PRO-EREX Testo-Support capsules have been shown to boost levels of the male hormone testosterone, which supports healthy muscle mass, virility and fertility. During the natural aging process testosterone levels begin to decrease and this can be enhanced by stress, lack of sleep, weight gain, exposure to toxins and poor lifestyle choices. Symptoms of low testosterone levels include decreased muscle strength and mass, decreased libido, emotional instability, loss of concentration and poor sleep quality. Mens PRO-EREX Testo-Support is also thought to increase energy, help manage stress, boost cognitive function and promote a healthy immune system, to enable men to age with vitality and virility.
How does Mens PRO-EREX Testo-Support work?
Mens PRO-EREX Testo-Support capsules contain a range of herbal extracts, minerals and vitamins, some of which have been used by traditional herbalists for thousands of years.
Testofen is a key ingredient in Mens PRO-EREX Testo-Support and consist of an extract of the Fenugreek plant. The main active components of Fenugreek seed extracts are furostanol and steroid saponins which are glycoside phytochemicals used for their medicinal properties. Fenugreek seed extracts were used by ancient Egyptian and Greek civilisations for various health problems1 and in traditional Chinese medicine for conditions affecting the male reproductive tract. It is also a widely used ingredient in modern herbal medicine. Recent studies on Fenugreek seed extracts support their effectiveness in promoting lean body mass, stabilising blood sugar levels and lowering cholesterol1. Animal studies have demonstrated that extract of the fenugreek plant Trigonella foenum-graecum has anabolic activity without androgenic activity and supported an increase in body weight and muscle mass2. These findings were supported by a clinical study on male performance with male subjects receiving supplementation with Testofen for resistance training, in which Testofen demonstrated significant anabolic and androgenic activity as compared with the placebo. These findings included reduction in body fat without a reduction in muscle strength, suggesting beneficial effects in male subjects during resistance training without any clinical side effects3. In a study on male libido, measuring sexual drive, urge or desire, Testofen was found to have an overall positive effect on physiological aspects of libido, as well as a positive effect on quality of life, based on a self-reported satisfaction with muscle strength, energy and well-being using a Quality of Life questionnare4. In a placebo controlled study in healthy middle-aged and older men, Testofen was found to be a safe and effective treatment for reducing symptoms of possible androgen deficiency, based on an improvement in the score of an Aging Male Symptom questionnaire. Testofen was also found to improve sexual function and increase levels of serum testosterone5.
Extract of grape seeds (vitis vinifera) in Mens PRO-EREX Testo-Support is rich in proanthocyanins, which is a flavonoid and one of the most effective natural antioxidants for removing free radicles that cause oxidative damage to cells. Proanthocyanins also have other health benefits including anti-inflammatory and anti-cancer properties and a possible role in protecting against cardiovascular diseases 6, 7. There is also some evidence that grape seed extract supports prostate health and may protect against prostate cancer, particularly progression to high grade prostate cancer, by targeting cancer cell death (apoptosis) and inhibiting cancer cell proliferation6, 8.
Siberian Ginseng in Mens PRO-EREX Testo-Support (Eleutherococcus senticosus) has been used for centuries for its medicinal properties in Eastern countries including China and Russia. It contains pharmacologically active compounds and has been defined as an adaptogen, meaning a substance that “supports health and prevents disease in the sick and the healthy, by helping the body cope better with stress without unwanted side effects” 9, 10. Extract of Siberian Ginseng has been used for its immune-stimulant and anti-cancer properties and may also provide an anti-fatigue effect for cancer patients. Limited studies have been carried out to demonstrate the properties of the various constituents of Siberian Ginseng, but there is some evidence to suggest that it does have immune-stimulant properties and supports the immune response11, 12, 13. There are also suggestions that Siberian Ginseng in Mens PRO-EREX Testo-Support may help improve endurance and mental performance in patients with stress-induced moderate fatigue and weakness14.
Selenium in Mens PRO-EREX Testo-Support capsules is a mineral that is found in the soil and enters the diet as selenomethionine through the food eaten, such as Brazil nuts, cereal grains and legumes. Selenium is an essential trace element, which means that it is needed in small amounts, and is incorporated into the antioxidant enzyme glutathione peroxidase. Selenium in the organic form of selenomethionine in Mens PRO-EREX Testo-Support plays an important role in cardiovascular health, maintaining a healthy immune system and is thought to boost testosterone and support male fertility by promoting healthy sperm and semen quality15.
Zinc in Mens PRO-EREX Testo-Support is also a trace element and is an essential element in human health, being important for many biochemical and metabolic pathways and physiological processes, and is essential for a healthy immune system, digestive system, skin structure, central nervous system and reproductive system. Zinc deficiency can result in symptoms including skin rash, diarrhoea, increased infection, delayed wound healing, low mood, and impaired growth and development. In men zinc is essential for testosterone synthesis and a deficiency can cause erectile dysfunction. Zinc deficiency can be caused by impaired absorption due to gastrointestinal problems, excessive alcohol intake and strenuous exercise or high temperatures inducing sweating.
Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) in Mens PRO-EREX Testo-Support capsules has an important role to play in maintaining healthy bones and is synthesised in the skin by the action of sunlight; it is also obtained in the diet from oily fish, eggs and dairy products. It is a fat soluble hormone and regulates calcium metabolism by controlling absorption of calcium and phosphate by the intestine and their secretion by the kidneys and it also regulates bone remodelling (bone formation and resorption) and bone mineralisation.
What does Mens PRO-EREX Testo-Support contain?
Mens PRO-EREX Testo-Support capsules contains the active ingredient Testofen 300mg (containing extract of the fenugreek plant Trigonella foenum-graecum 9.9g dry equivalent), extract of New Zealand grapeseed (vitis vinifera) 9.5g (containing proanthocyanins 28mg dry equivalent) Siberian Ginseng (Eleutherococcus senticosus) 500mg dry equivalent, selenium (as selenomethionine) 50mcg, zinc (as gluconate) 7mg, cholecalciferol (vitamin D3) 12mcg. They also contain encapsulating aids
Mens PRO-EREX Testo-Support for supporting men’s general health
Mens PRO-EREX Testo-Support capsules are a nutritional supplement containing a range of herbal extracts, minerals and vitamins that are used to support men’s general health and performance, particularly prostate health. Testofen in Mens PRO-EREX Testo-Support is an extract of the Fenugreek plant that has medicinal properties and been used as a traditional medicine for centuries. Recent studies have demonstrated that Fenugreek extract promotes lean body mass, stabilises blood sugar levels, lowers cholesterol, supports an increase in body weight and muscle mass, improves libido and sexual function and increase levels of serum testosterone. Extract of grape seeds is a powerful antioxidant with anti-cancer properties and a possible role in protecting against cardiovascular diseases and prostate cancer. Siberian Ginseng is thought to have immune-stimulant properties by supporting the immune response and also anti-fatigue properties. Selenium and zinc are both important trace elements. Selenium in the organic form of selenomethionine plays an important role in cardiovascular health, maintaining a healthy immune system and is thought to boost testosterone and support male fertility by promoting healthy sperm and semen quality. In men zinc is essential for testosterone synthesis and a deficiency can cause erectile dysfunction. Vitamin D3 (cholecalciferol) in Mens PRO-EREX Testo-Support capsules has an important role to play in maintaining healthy bones. During the natural aging process testosterone levels begin to decrease and this can be enhanced by stress, lack of sleep, weight gain, exposure to toxins and poor lifestyle choices. Symptoms of low testosterone levels include decreased muscle strength and mass, decreased libido, emotional instability, loss of concentration and poor sleep quality. Mens PRO-EREX Testo-Support is also thought to increase energy, help manage stress, boost cognitive function and promote a healthy immune system, to enable men to age with vitality and virility.
What are the side effects of Mens PRO-EREX Testo-Support?
The most commonly reported side effects when taking Mens PRO-EREX Testo-Support capsules due to the Siberian ginseng component include: insomnia, headache, nervousness, drowsiness, hypoglycaemia, high blood pressure, irregular heartbeat. In clinical studies using Testofen, no serious adverse events were identified during the treatment period and it was found to be safe and well tolerated, however there were some side effects including diarrhoea, flatulence, dizziness, hypoglycaemia. Side effects due to grape seed extract include nausea, itching, dizziness, stomach upset, rash. High doses of selenium can be toxic.
When should Mens PRO-EREX Testo-Support not be used?
You should not use Mens PRO-EREX Testo-Support capsules if you:
- are allergic to any ingredients in Mens PRO-EREX Testo-Support
- have an allergy to chickpeas, as fenugreek can cause a similar reaction
- have a heart condition, diabetes, or a mental health condition (such as mania or schizophrenia) as Siberian ginseng can interfere with these conditions
- have high blood pressure as Siberian ginseng and grape seed extract can interfere with this conditions
- are diabetic as fenugreek can reduce blood sugar levels and cause hypoglycaemia
- have bleeding problems as fenugreek and grape seed can cause increased bleeding
- are taking other supplements containing selenium, as the selenium is toxic at relatively low levels
- are taking medicines that interact with Mens PRO-EREX Testo-Support, including anticoagulant and antiplatelet drugs like aspirin, clopidogrel and warfarin, some heart medications, NSAIDs, sedatives like clonazepam, lithium for bipolar disease
What medications interact with Mens PRO-EREX Testo-Support?
Several medications interact with Mens PRO-EREX Testo-Support capsules and should either not be taken while you are taking Mens PRO-EREX Testo-Support or only after discussion and instruction from your doctor:
- Drugs that cause a serious reaction with Mens PRO-EREX Testo-Support: Siberian ginseng and grape seed extract increase risk of bleeding with aspirin, clopidogrel, NSAIDs and warfarin. Siberian ginseng increases drowsiness with sedatives like clonazepam
- Drugs that affect Mens PRO-EREX Testo-Support: NSAIDs interact with grape seed extract
- Drugs that are affected by Mens PRO-EREX Testo-Support: Siberian ginseng affects lithium clearance
How should Mens PRO-EREX Testo-Support be taken?
You should take one capsules of your Mens PRO-EREX Testo-Support capsules twice daily with food. For the best results it is recommended that you take your Mens PRO-EREX Testo-Support capsules for eight weeks, stop for one month and repeat. You should continue to take your Mens PRO-EREX Testo-Support capsules for as long as recommended by your health professional.
How long should you take Mens PRO-EREX Testo-Support?
You should continue to take your Mens PRO-EREX Testo-Support capsules for as long as recommended by your health professional.
Missed dose of Mens PRO-EREX Testo-Support
If you miss a dose of Mens PRO-EREX Testo-Support capsules take it as soon as you remember, unless it is time to take the next dose, then skip the missed dose. Do not take a double dose.
How should Mens PRO-EREX Testo-Support be stored?
You should store your Mens PRO-EREX Testo-Support below 25°C in a cool dry place.
- Basch E, Ulbricht C, Kuo G, Szapary P, Smith M. Therapeutic applications of fenugreek. Altern Med Rev 2003;8:20–7.
- Aswar U, Bodhankar SL, Mohan V, Thakurdesai PA. Effect of furostanol glycosides from Trigonella foenum-graecum on the reproductive system of male albino rats. Phytother Res. 2010 Oct;24(10):1482-8.
- Wankhede S, Mohan V, Thakurdesai P. Beneficial effects of fenugreek glycoside supplementation in male subjects during resistance training: A randomized controlled pilot study. Journal of Sport and Health Science. 2015 doi:10.1016/j.jshs.2014.09.005
- Steels E, Rao A, Vitetta L. Physiological aspects of male libido enhanced by standardized Trigonella foenum-graecum extract and mineral formulation. Phytother Res. 2011 Sep;25(9):1294-300.
- Rao A, Steels E, Inder WJ, Abraham S, Vitetta L. Testofen, a specialised Trigonella foenum-graecum seed extract reduces age-related symptoms of androgen decrease, increases testosterone levels and improves sexual function in healthy aging males in a double-blind randomised clinical study. Aging Male. 2016 Jun;19(2):134-42.
- Wang Y, Stevens VL, Shah R, Peterson JJ, Dwyer JT, Gapstur SM, McCullough ML. Dietary flavonoid and proanthocyanidin intakes and prostate cancer risk in a prospective cohort of US men. Am J Epidemiol. 2014 Apr 15;179(8):974-86.
- de la Iglesia R, Milagro FI, Campión J, Boqué N, Martínez JA. Healthy properties of proanthocyanidins. Biofactors. 2010 May-Jun;36(3):159-68.
- Nandakumar V, Singh T, Katiyar SK. Multi-targeted prevention and therapy of cancer by proanthocyanidins. Cancer Lett. 2008 Oct 8;269(2):378-87.
- Bleakney TL. Deconstructing an adaptogen: Eleutherococcus senticosus. Holist Nurs Pract. 2008 Jul-Aug;22(4):220-4.
- Davydov M, Krikorian AD. Eleutherococcus senticosus (Rupr. & Maxim.) Maxim. (Araliaceae) as an adaptogen: a closer look. J Ethnopharmacol. 2000 Oct;72(3):345-93.
- Deyama T, Nishibe S, Nakazawa Y. Constituents and pharmacological effects of Eucommia and Siberian ginseng. Acta Pharmacol Sin. 2001 Dec;22(12):1057-70.
- Barth A, Hovhannisyan A, Jamalyan K, Narimanyan M. Antitussive effect of a fixed combination of Justicia adhatoda, Echinacea purpurea and Eleutherococcus senticosus extracts in patients with acute upper respiratory tract infection: A comparative, randomized, double-blind, placebo-controlled study. Phytomedicine. 2015 Dec 1;22(13):1195-200.
- Bohn B, Nebe CT, Birr C. Flow-cytometric studies with eleutherococcus senticosus extract as an immunomodulatory agent. Arzneimittelforschung. 1987 Oct;37(10):1193-6.
- Panossian A, Wikman G. Evidence-based efficacy of adaptogens in fatigue, and molecular mechanisms related to their stress-protective activity. Curr Clin Pharmacol. 2009 Sep;4(3):198-219.
- Safarinejad MR, Safarinejad S. Efficacy of selenium and/or N-acetyl-cysteine for improving semen parameters in infertile men: a double-blind,placebo controlled, randomized study. J Urol. 2009 Feb;181(2):741-51.