Iron Chews 30 Tablets/Pack
Targets energy production
Iron, Vitamin C, Folic acid and B12
Product expiry date we are currently shipping
Product Price List
REMEMBER SHIPPING IS FREE!
Iron Chews 30 Tablets
$0.33 per Tablet
SALE 50% OFF
Iron chews are a one a day formula providing 20mg Iron for dietary iron deficiency. They help to maintain the health of red blood cells and support the body produce energy. Iron supplementation may be beneficial in early adolescents, during the female reproductive period, pregnancy, in active people and in vegetarians.
Iron chews general information
What are Iron chews used for?
Iron chews are a tropical flavoured chewable tablet that may support the management of dietary iron deficiency. Iron requirements may be increased and supplementation may be beneficial in childhoods, early adolescents, during the female reproductive period where there may be heavy periods or bleeding and during pregnancy, in athletes and those who are active and also vegetarians. Healthy iron levels are important for healthy mental functioning, cognition and learning especially in children and those who have behavioural problems.
How do Iron chews work?
Iron chews are an easily absorbable form of iron. Iron is a key component of hemoglobin which is the oxygen carrying pigment in red blood cells. It is also involved in the storage of oxygen in the muscles, which is essential for all cells for the production of cellular energy. It is also essential for the proliferation of all cells especially red blood cells and immune cells.
What do Iron chews contain?
- Ferrous fumarate 61mg, an easily absorbable form of iron - equivalent to 20mg Iron
- Vitamin C (ascorbic acid) 50mg, which facilitates iron absorption by forming solublecomplexes to assist in normalising iron levels. It is an important biological antioxidant to protect our body from free radical damage. It also supports folic acid utilisation in our bodies.
- Vitamin B12 (Cyanocobalamin) 50mcg, which is essential for the normal function of all cells - cell growth and replication, metabolism of carbohydrates, lipids and protein. It is involved in the production of red blood cells in bone marrow and also supports healthy brain function which may improve cognitive function and sleep wake patterns.
- Folic Acid, 300mcg, which is essential for healthy cell division due to it's function in the metabolism of nucleus acids (RNA and DNA). It activates vitamin B12 and supports the nervous system and brain function.
What are the side effects of Iron chews?
Daily supplements of 60mg iron and 500mg of folic acid are generally prescribed in the case of iron deficiency. Our body must be able to absorb this iron, otherwise the overdose of these supplements can cause side effects, however if you are healthy side effects should not present.
- Gastrointestinal Disorders - taking iron supplements in excess can cause variousstomach problems like nausea, vomiting, constipation, irregular bowel habits, abdominal pain and diarrhea. Iron can corrode the intestinal lining causing ulceration. One common complaint after taking iron is that of dark coloured stools, due to less absorption of iron. Although it may be harmless, if the symptom is regular then you must consult with your health care provider.
- Discolouration - Excess supplementation can sometimes cause discolouration of the teeth and also a bluish colour can appear on lips, palms of hands and fingernails.
- Skin Disorders - side effects also include itching and sometimes a rash or hives may develop all over the body. Skin may also start to look pale and clammy and at times side effects may include swelling of the mouth or throat, which can be due to generation of excess heat by the body.
- Iron Poisoning - Iron poisoning generally happens in children, due to an excessive intake of iron. Immediate symptoms of this are vomiting, diarhhea, abdominal pain and blood in the stool.
What are the side effects of Iron chews during Pregnancy?
If there is an overdose of iron, the various side effects mentioned above can occur. Nutrient requirements increase during pregnancy to support fetal growth and maternal health. The Iron requirements of pregnant women are approximately double that of non- pregnant women because of increased blood volume during pregnancy, increased needs of the fetus and blood losses that occur during the baby's birth. Iron deficiency anemia can occur if iron intake does not meet increased requirements. Iron deficiency anemia of pregnancy is responsible for significant morbidity such as premature deliveries and consequently infants being born with very low birth weight. It has been found that iron poisoning occurs in children whose mothers have been consuming excessive iron supplements, so it is advisable to take iron supplements strictly under your doctor's supervision.
How should Iron chews be taken?
Adults and children (over 3) may take 1 tablet daily after meals or breakfast. Avoid taking iron with milk or other calcium rich products as calcium reduces the absorption of iron as does caffeine and antacids. it is advisable to take away from other medications and supplements (except vitamin C). You can get the most benefit from iron supplements if you take them with vitamin C or drink orange juice as vitamin C increases the absorption of iron. Iron Chews must be kept out of reach of children.
How long should you take Iron chews for?
Take your Iron chews for as long as recommended by your healthcare professional.
How should Iron chews be stored?
You should store your Iron chews below 25°C in a cool dry place and safely out of reach of children.