Avana (Avanafil 200mg) 4 Tablets/Pack
Also known as Stendra
Phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor (anti-erectile dysfuntion)
Product expiry date we are currently shipping
Avana general information
What is Avana used for?
Avana tablets 200mg are used to treat erectile dysfunction (impotence) in men, which is inability to achieve or maintain a hard erect penis suitable for sexual activity, due to insufficient blood flow into the penis. Avana tablets 200mg relax the blood vessels in the penis increasing blood flow and causing an erection, which is the natural response to sexual stimulation. However, Avana tablets 200mg will only work if you are sexually aroused.
How does Avana work?
Avana tablets 200mg contain avanafil, a phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor, that is used to treat erectile dysfunction (impotence) in men. During sexual stimulation nitric oxide is released in the erectile tissue of the penis which activates the enzyme guanylate cyclase. This enzyme increases levels of a chemical called cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP), which relaxes the blood vessels in the penis and allows blood to fill the spongy erectile tissues to cause an erection. Another enzyme called phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) breaks down cGMP preventing blood flow into the penis, which causes loss of an erection. Avanafil in Avana tablets 200mg acts on the erectile tissue of the penis to inhibit the action of PDE5 and increase blood flow to cause an erection. This action of avanafil in Avana tablets 200mg resolves erectile dysfunction by allowing the natural process of sexual stimulation to activate the cGMP mechanism for achieving and maintaining an erection.
How long does Avana last?
Avana tablets 200mg should be taken within an hour of planned sex and in most cases it helps you to get an erection in about 30 minutes that will last for around 4 hours, provided you are sexually aroused. Avana tablets 200mg do not work if you are not aroused.
What does Avana contain?
Avana tablets 200mg contain the active ingredient avanafil, a phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor, used to treat erectile dysfunction (impotence) in men, by increasing blood flow into the penis.
Treating erectile dysfunction (impotence) with Avana
Avana tablets 200mg contain avanafil, a phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) inhibitor used to treat erectile dysfunction in men (impotence). When taken before planned sexual activity, avanafil in Avana tablets 200mg inhibit the breakdown (by the enzyme PDE5) of a chemical called cGMP, produced in the erectile tissue of the penis during sexual arousal, and this action allows blood flow into the penis causing an erection.
What are the side effects of Avana?
The most commonly reported side effects when taking Avana tablets 200mg include headache, dizziness or light-headedness, flushing, nasal congestion, dyspepsia (heartburn), nausea. Less common side effects include, visual disturbance, increased tear formation causing watery eyes, changes in blood pressure (hypo and hypertension), sleepiness, dyspnoea (shortness of breath), pain (in the back joints, abdomen).
When should Avana not be used?
You should not use Avana tablets 200mg if you:
- are allergic to avanafil or any ingredients in Avana
- are taking any nitrate medication, such as nitroglycerin for angina, as it may lead to a severe drop in blood pressure
- have liver or kidney disease
- have a condition where sexual intercourse is inadvisable due to cardiovascular or heart problems or you have had a heart attack or stroke in the last 6 months
- have abnormally high or low blood pressure
- have an eye disease like non-arteritic anterior ischaemic optic neuropathy (NAION), which causes loss of vision, or if you have retinitis pigmentosa
- have conditions which may predispose to priapism (erections lasting 4 hours or more) such as anatomical deformation of the penis, sickle cell anaemia, multiple myeloma or leukaemia
- drink large amounts of alcohol or grapefruit juice
- are taking medication that may interact with Avana or may increase your risk for side-effects, antibiotics like erythromycin and rifampicin, verapamil or diltiazem (for high blood pressure), ritonavir or saquinavir for HIV, antifungals like itraconazole or ketaconazole, non-selective alpha-blockers like doxazosin for high blood pressure, tamsulosin and prazosin for enlarged prostate, nitrates such as glyceryl trinitrate for angina and other heart conditions.
What medications interact with Avana?
Several medications interact with Avana tablets 200mg and should either not be taken while you are taking Avana or only after discussion and instruction from your doctor:
- Drugs that affect Avana: antibiotics like erythromycin and rifampicin, antifungals like itraconazole or ketaconazole, ritonavir or saquinavir for HIV, verapamil or diltiazem for high blood pressure,
- Drugs that are affected by Avana: non-selective alpha-blockers like doxazosin for high blood pressure, tamsulosin and prazosin for enlarged prostate, nitrates such as glyceryl trinitrate for angina and other heart conditions
How should Avana be taken?
You should take one Avana tablets 200mg with a glass of water approximately 15-30 minutes before sexual activity with or without food, although food may delay the effect. The effect of Avana tablets 200mg can last as long as 4-5 hours after taking your tablet. You should take no more than one tablet a day and only if you plan to have sex. The dose of Avana that you take should be as recommended by your doctor and may be changed, if the dose you are taking is too strong or too weak.
How long should you take Avana?
You should only take one Avana tablet 200mg when you plan to have sex; it is not intended as a regular medication.
How should Avana be stored?
You should store your Avana tablets 200mg below 25°C in a cool dry place.