Spiriva HandiHaler Inhalation Device
Product expiry date we are currently shipping
HandiHaler Inhalation Device contains which is used to deliver the contents of Spiriva inhalation capsules, which contains the bronchodilator tiotropium, used for long-term treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and other obstructive airways disease; to relieve symptoms of bronchospasm.
Product Price List
REMEMBER SHIPPING IS FREE!
1 HandiHaler Inhalation Device
$5.75 per Device
HandiHaler Inhalation Device general information
What is HandiHaler Inhalation Device used for?
HandiHaler device is used to deliver the contents of Spiriva inhalation capsules for the long-term treatment of chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD) and other obstructive airways diseases, like chronic bronchitis, and emphysema. Spiriva inhalation capsules, which can be obtained separately, contain a powder that when inhaled, using the HandiHaler device, relieves symptoms caused by bronchospasm (narrowing of the airways), such as shortness of breath, chronic cough with sputum production, tightness of the chest and wheezing. Spiriva inhalation capsules also reduce the frequency of exacerbations and improve exercise tolerance and health-related quality of life, but they do not cure COPD.
How does HandiHaler Inhalation Device work?
Your HandiHaler Inhalation Device should be used each day with your Spiriva inhalation capsules, which contain an inhalation powder; they are not for oral use and should not be swallowed. You should only use your Spiriva capsules with the HandiHaler device, which is especially designed for use with Spiriva capsules. Inhale the contents of one capsule per day at the same time each day.
How should HandiHaler Inhalation Device be used?
You should use your HandiHaler Inhalation Device following the instructions you have been given.
- Open the dust cap of your HandiHaler Inhalation Device and then open the mouthpiece by pulling upwards.
- Remove one Spiriva inhalation capsule from the blister pack.
- Place the capsule in the chamber and close the mouthpiece until it clicks.
- Press the piercing button once to release the powder when you breathe in.
- Breathe out completely then place the mouthpiece in your mouth and inhale slowly until your lungs are full. You may need to repeat this step until you have inhaled all the powder, but remove the mouthpiece between each breath.
- Remove the capsule and dispose.
- Close the mouthpiece and dust cap ready to store your HandiHaler Inhalation Device until you use it again the next day.
How should HandiHaler Inhalation Device be cleaned?
You should clean your HandiHaler once a month.
- Open the dust cap and mouthpiece.
- Open the base by lifting the piercing button.
- Rinse the complete inhaler with warm water to remove any powder.
- Dry the HandiHaler thoroughly by tipping excess water out on a paper towel and air-dry for 24 hours, leaving the dust cap, mouthpiece and base open.
How should HandiHaler Inhalation Device be stored?
You should store your HandiHaler Inhalation Device below 25°C in a cool dry place and you can continue to use it daily for up to 12 months. You should then discard your used HandiHaler Inhalation Device and replace it with a new one.