Levitra (Vardenafil 20mg)
Levitra (Vardenafil 20mg) 4 Tablets/Pack
Made in Germany for the Turkish market
Phosphodiesterase type 5 inhibitor (anti-erectile dysfuntion)
Product expiry date we are currently shipping
Currently out of stock. New stock expected 29 May 2021.
Levitra general information
What is Levitra used for?
Levitra tablets 20mg are used to treat erectile dysfunction (impotence) in men, which is inability to achieve or maintain a hard erect penis suitable for sexual activity, due to insufficient blood flow into the penis. Levitra tablets 20mg relax the blood vessels in the penis increasing blood flow and causing an erection, which is the natural response to sexual stimulation. However, Levitra tablets 20mg will only work if you are sexually aroused.
How does Levitra work?
Levitra tablets 20mg contain vardenafil which acts on the erectile tissue of the penis to increase blood flow which causes an erection. During sexual stimulation nitric oxide is released in the erectile tissue of the penis which activates the enzyme guanylate cyclase. This enzyme increases levels of a chemical called cyclic guanosine monophosphate (cGMP), which relaxes the blood vessels in the penis and allows blood to fill the spongy erectile tissues to cause an erection. Another enzyme called phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) breaks down cGMP preventing blood flow into the penis, which causes loss of an erection. Levitra tablets 20mg inhibit the action of PDE5 which resolves erectile dysfunction by allowing the natural process of sexual stimulation to activate the cGMP mechanism for achieving and maintaining an erection.
How long does Levitra last?
Levitra tablets 20mg should be taken within an hour of planned sex and in most cases it helps you to get an erection in about 30 minutes that will last for around 4 hours, provided you are sexually excited. Levitra tablets 20mg do not work if you are not aroused.
What does Levitra contain?
Levitra tablets 20mg contain the active ingredient vardenafil, which resolves erectile dysfunction (impotence) in men, by increasing blood flow into the penis. They also contain crospovidone, magnesium stearate, microcrystalline cellulose, colloidal anhydrous silica, macrogol 400, hypromellose, titanium dioxide (CI77891), iron oxide yellow (CI77492), iron oxide red (CI77491).
Treating erectile dysfunction (impotence) with Levitra
Levitra tablets 20mg contain vardenafil, a phosphodiesterase type 5 (PDE5) inhibitor, used to treat erectile dysfunction in men (impotence). When taken before planned sexual activity, Levitra tablets 20mg inhibit the breakdown (by the enzyme PDE5) of a chemical called cGMP, produced in the erectile tissue of the penis during sexual arousal, and this action allows blood flow into the penis causing an erection.
What are the side effects of Levitra?
The most commonly reported side effects when taking Levitra tablets 20mg include, headache, dizziness or light-headedness, flushing, nasal congestion, dyspepsia (heartburn), nausea. Less common side effects include, visual disturbance, increased tear formation causing watery eyes, changes in blood pressure (hypo and hypertension), sleepiness, dyspnoea (shortness of breath), pain (in the back joints, abdomen).
When should Levitra not be used?
You should not use Levitra tablets 20mg if you:
- are allergic to vardenafil or any ingredients in Levitra
- are taking any nitrate medication, such as nitroglycerin for angina, as it may lead to a severe drop in blood pressure
- have liver or kidney disease
- have a condition where sexual intercourse inadvisable due to cardiovascular or heart problems or you have had a heart attack or stroke in the last 6 months
- have abnormally high or low blood pressure
- have an eye disease like non-arteritic anterior ischaemic optic neuropathy (NAION), which causes loss of vision or if you have retinitis pigmentosa
- are taking medication that may interact with Levitra or may increase your risk for side-effects, including cimetidine for treating ulcers, antibiotics like erythromycin and rifampicin, verapamil or diltiazem (for high blood pressure), ritonavir or saquinavir (for HIV), itraconazole or ketaconazole (for fungal infections) alpha-blockers like terazosin, tamsulosin and prazosin for enlarged prostate, doxazosin for benign prostatic hyperplasia
What medications interact with Levitra?
Several medications interact with Levitra tablets 20mgand should either not be taken while you are taking Valif or only after discussion and instruction from your doctor:
- Drugs that cause a serious reaction with Levitra: any nitrate medication, such as nitroglycerin for angina, alpha-blockers like terazosin or doxazosin for benign prostatic hyperplasia, verapamil or diltiazem (for high blood pressure)
- Drugs that affect Levitra: cimetidine for treating ulcers, antibiotics like erythromycin and rifampicin, itraconazole or ketaconazole (for fungal infections), ritonavir or indinavir (for HIV
- Drugs that are affected by Levitra: like doxazosin for benign prostatic hyperplasia
How should Levitra be taken?
You should take one Levitra tablets 20mg with a glass of water approximately 25-60 minutes before sexual activity with or without food. The effect of Levitra tablets 20mg can last as long as 4-5 hours after taking your tablet. You should take no more than one tablet a day and only if you plan to have sex.
Missed dose of Levitra
You should only take a Levitra tablets 20mg when you plan to have sex; it is not intended as a regular medication.
How should Levitra be stored?
You should store your Levitra tablets 20mg below 30°C in a cool dry place.