Diflucan 150mg (Fluconazole)
Diflucan 150mg 1 Capsule/Pack
Product expiry date we are currently shipping
Diflucan One general information
What is Diflucan One used for?
Diflucan One capsule 150mg is used to treat vaginal candidiasis (vaginal thrush) a yeast infection of the vagina with characteristic symptoms including vaginal itching and soreness, also white, odourless, discharge from the vagina. Diflucan One is intended as a one-off oral treatment and you should have relief of symptoms after the first day, although it may take several days to be fully effective.
How does Diflucan One work?
Diflucan One capsules contain fluconazole, which a broad-spectrum antifungal drug belonging to the triazole group of antifungals. Fluconazole in Diflucan One is a potent and specific inhibitor of fungal enzymes necessary for the synthesis of ergosterol, an important component of fungal cell membrane that is not found in animal cells. Fluconazole in Diflucan One weakens the fungal cell membrane, causing the cell contents to leak out which kills the fungus, preventing the infection from spreading and relieving symptoms caused by the infection, including, itching and inflammation.
What does Diflucan One contain?
Diflucan One capsules contain fluconazole150mg, a broad-spectrum antifungal drug, used to treat and prevent a variety of fungal infections. They also include gelatin, lactose, maize starch, silicon dioxide, magnesium stearate, sodium lauryl sulfate, the colours titanium dioxide and patent blue, and a gelatin capsule shell.
Treating vaginal thrush with Diflucan One
Diflucan One capsules 150mg contain fluconazole, a synthetic broad-spectrum antifungal agent that is used to treat vaginal candidiasis (vaginal thrush), caused by the yeast Candida albicans. The most common sites of thrush infection are the mucous membranes particularly of the vagina. Fluconazole in Diflucan One specifically inhibit the synthesis of ergosterol, an important component of fungal cell membrane, which kills the fungus and stops it spreading. In this way Diflucan One capsules 150mg relieves the symptoms of vaginal thrush, including vaginal itching and soreness also white, odourless, discharge from the vagina.
What are the side effects of Diflucan One?
The most common reported side effects when taking Diflucan One capsules 150mg include: upset stomach, stomach cramps, nausea and vomiting, diarrhoea, skin rash, headache, constipation, dizziness, flushing, tingling sensations.
When should Diflucan One not be used?
You should not use Diflucan One capsules 150mg if you:
- are allergic to fluconazole or any other azole drug, or any ingredients in Diflucan One capsules 150mg
- are pregnant or are breastfeeding, without discussion with your doctor
- have liver disease or a heart condition
- are taking other medication that interacts with Diflucan One, including, the antiviral rifampicin, rifabutin or zidovudine; terfenadine or astemizole for allergy, cisapride for reflux, the anticonvulsant phenytoin, the diuretic hydrochlorothiazide, medicines for diabetes such as glipizide, tolbutamide or glibenclamide, theophylline for asthma, the immunosuppressants tacrolimus and cyclosporine, some benzodiazepines such as midazolam
What medications interact with Diflucan One capsules?
Several medications interact with Diflucan One 150mg and should either not be taken while you are taking Diflucan One 150mg or only after discussion and instruction from your doctor:
- Drugs that cause increased side effects: cisapride for reflux can cause heart problems;
- Drugs that affect Diflucan One: the antiviral rifampicin, rifabutin or zidovudine; the diuretic hydrochlorothiazide
- Drugs that are affected by Diflucan One: the anticonvulsant phenytoin, medicines for diabetes such as glipizide, tolbutamide or glibenclamide; theophylline for asthma, immunosuppressants tacrolimus and cyclosporine, some benzodiazepines such as midazolam
How should Diflucan One be taken?
You should take your Diflucan One 150mg capsule, swallowed whole with a glass of water, with or without food and at any time of day. You should take Diflucan One only as single dose as it is intended as a one-off oral treatment. Your symptoms should start to disappear after the first day, although it may take several days to be fully effective.
How long should you take Diflucan One?
You should take Diflucan One only as single dose as it is intended as a one-off oral treatment.
How should Diflucan One be stored?
You should keep your Diflucan One capsule 150mg in its blister packs until use and store below 30°C in a cool dry place.